-- Tasty's -- the Power of Flower7 Salad
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, or 1 cup mixed greens
- 2 -3 stalks green onions, whole
- 8 slices bell peppers, seeded, membrane and stem removed (use a variety of colors like orange, red, purple, yellow, etc.)
- 2 black olives, cut in half
- 4 chive blossoms
- 2 -3 large strawberries, sliced, stemmed and
- 12 cup green peas
- variegated mint leaf, fresh
- light vinaigrette, your choice
Directions*Note: see my posted photo above for a guideline on how to arrange the vegetables, fruit and herbs on the platter.
Of course, how you arrange the produce and what produce you choose, is left to creative license.
Place the baby spinach or mixed greens towards the bottom of a platter.
Set the green onions on the platter-these are your "flower stalks".
Place the slices of bell pepper in a "flower" pattern on the green onion stems.
Place the strawberry slices (the "petals") between slices of bell pepper "petals".
(I would have added more strawberries but I ran out.
Arrange each black olive half in the middle of the flower and garnish each olive with a chive blossom.
Put the green peas on top of the spinach or mixed greens.
Place mint leaves around the edges of the platter.
Serve salad with the vinaigrette.
'Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun'.