Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars With Streusel Topping Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (2-8 oz packages)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 granny smith apples, finely chopped, peeled, cored and
- 12 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 12 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 14 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 12 cup caramel topping
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 cup quick-cooking oats
- 12 cup unsalted butter, softened
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture is crumbly.
Press evenly into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
Then add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
Stir to combine.
Pour over warm crust.
In a small bowl, stir together the chopped apples, 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping.
Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set.
Drizzle with caramel topping.
MAKE STRUSEL TOPPING:.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.