Heirloom Tomato Herb Pasta Salad
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, (optional)
- 2 pounds mixed heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons shallot, finely chopped, (from 1 medium)
- 1 pound fusilli, or other short spiral pasta
- 3/4 cup mixed herbs such as basil, chopped, parsley, thyme, oregano, and tarragon
DirectionsWhisk together oil, creme fraiche, vinegar, sugar (if using), 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
Coarsely chop tomatoes and toss with shallot and dressing.
Marinate until ready to use, at least 10 minutes.
While tomatoes stand, cook fusilli in a pasta pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente.
Drain in a colander and immediately add to tomato mixture, tossing to combine.
Cool to warm or room temperature (do not chill), tossing occasionally, then stir in herbs.