Blueberry Lemon Streusel Cake Recipe
- 2/3 c. skim lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, juiced or possibly 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 c. flour unbleached
- 1/2 c. oatmeal, (orig was oat flour)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 4 tsp baking pwdr
- 1 Tbsp lemon rind, grated or possibly whole lemon rind
- 1 x egg white
- 1 1/2 c. blueberries fresh, or possibly frzn
- 1/4 c. oatmeal
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp wheat germ
DirectionsI thought this recipe was really good.
The lemon really brings out the flavor of the blueberries.
[Susan] 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray 8" square pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine lowfat milk and lemon juice and set aside for 2 min.
3. Combine flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking pwdr and lemon rind.
Stir in lemon juice mix and egg white.
Mix in blueberries.
Spread into pan.
4. Mix oatmeal and nutmeg and sprinkle over cake.
Drizzle with honey.
5. Bake for 35-40 min, till toothpick comes out clean.