- nonstick cooking spray, for the pan
- 1 cup flour
- 23 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 14 teaspoons baking powder
- 14 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 cup prune, reconstituted and pureed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large egg whites, beaten till frothy
- 34 cup skim milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
DirectionsPreheat Oven to 350F; oil a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
In medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In large bowl, stir sugar, lekvar, and vanilla.
Stir in egg whites until JUST incorporated.
Then stir in dry ingredients in three equal parts, alternating with the milk, as follows: flour, milk, flour, milk, flour.
Mix JUST until batter is smooth, pour into pan.
Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Set to cool for at least 1 hour.
Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!