Kick-Ass Dirty Rice
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups chicken livers
- 2 lbs beef, ground
- 3 bell peppers, diced,
- 3 large yellow onions, diced,
- 5 stalks celery, diced,
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper, (to taste)
- 5 tablespoons parsley, dried
- 5 tablespoons Crystal hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pepper, to taste
- 12 cup parsley, fresh, may be substituted for the dry
Directions1. Cook your rice.
The right way.
See my cooking rice tutorial.
2. Dice your bell peppers, onion, and celery.
Drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil in the pan, or if you are feeling frisky - 2 tablespoons bacon grease - and cook those veggies till they are carmelized.
3. Crumble that raw ground beef (I use very lean) in with those veggies and them till browned together.
In the meantime, toss those chicken livers in a pan and brown them.
Then, put them through the food processor to make a pate of sorts.
Now, combine the ground beef mixture with the chicken liver pate.
Gently fold the cooked rice into this mixture.
Add the cayenne, Parsley, Crystal, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and mix.
Start with the smaller amounts of cayenne, salt, pepper, and Crystal, and add more if you want it.
SERVE AND SMILE - you made some KICK-ASS DIRTY RICE!