Oatmeal Nut Chocolate Cookies
- 12 cup butter, softened
- 12 cup shortening
- 34 cup sugar, granulated
- 34 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 teaspoon baking powder
- 14 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 13 cups all-purpose flour
- 13 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 12 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, or 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped, or 1 cup pecans
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine butter and shortening.
Beat with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
Add sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; beat until combined.
Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Add flour and cocoa powder; beat on low speed until combined.
Stir in oats, semisweet chips, white baking chips, and nuts.
Using 1/4 cup dry measuring cup, drop dough 3 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
Press dough into 3 inch circles.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or just untiln edges are firm and centers are set.
Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
Transfer cookies to wire rack; cool.