Linguine with Red Bell Peppers and Kalamata Olives
- 8 ounces linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, (14 to 16 ounces), stemmed, seeded, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 16 Kalamata olives, pitted, quartered
- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon (generous) crushed red pepper, dried
- 1 1/4 cups basil, fresh, chopped, divided
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese plus additional for passing, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
DirectionsCook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add bell peppers, olives, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
Saute until bell peppers are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add pasta, 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking liquid, 1 cup basil, 1 cup cheese, and vinegar.
Toss until sauce coats pasta, adding more reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if dry, about 1 minute.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer to bowl.
Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup basil and serve, passing additional cheese.