Lobster Mac & Cheese
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, (we used more "designer" looking noodles)
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, grated, fresh
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 lb lobster meat, chopped,
- 12 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 shallot, minced,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
DirectionsBring salted water to boil and add noodles.
Cook 8 - 10 minutes (do not overcook).
in a double boiler, combine cheddar cheese, 4 oz.
parmesan cheese, cream cheese and Gruyere cheeses.
Heat until blended.
Gradually add cream, stirring until smooth.
In a large pan, heat olive oil, add shallots and garlic.
Add lobster meat and cook until opaque.
Remove from heat.
Add to lobster mix, then add cheese sauce, salt and pepper.
Place in casserole dish, sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and top with breadcrumbs.
Bake at 350F for 6-8 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden brown.