Spinach Linguini with Brie
- 23 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb brie cheese, rind removed and chopped into small pieces
- 5 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and cut into thin strips
- 3 ripe roma tomatoes, chopped,
- 12 cup kalamata olive, roughly chopped, pitted and
- 4 cloves garlic, minced,
- 1 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 12 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb spinach linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated, for garnish
- pine nuts, for garnish
DirectionsCut the Brie into small pieces.
Please note that Brie is easier to cut when it is chilled; but after cutting, let it come to room temperature before combining with other ingredients.
In a large bowl, combine the cut-up Brie cheese, sundried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, olives, garlic, basil, and pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Pour immediately over the Brie mixture and toss to cover well.
Cover and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours, tossing occasionally.
Prepare spinach linguini according to package directions.
Drain pasta and toss with Brie/tomato mixture and melted butter.
Serve immediately, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese and pine nuts.
Makes 5-6 servings.