Lalab Platter With Sambal Terasi
- 10 Thai chiles
- 3 arbol chili peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste, (vegetarian) or 1 tablespoon yellow bean paste (vegetarian)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, or 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced,
- 1 large cucumber, sliced,
- 2 cups lettuce, sliced,
- 1 cup sour papaya, sliced,
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups small tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup basil, minced, fresh,
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 green eggplant, thick sliced (small)
DirectionsPut all chili peppers and tomatoes in a blender or a food processor; add in a little bit of water.
Blend them until they look like juice.
Heat the frying pan, Add in shrimp paste and dry fry for 1 minute.
Pour in the mixture from the blender/food processor, salt, sugar and lemon juice.
Stir until the liquid is a bit dry.
Pour the sambal in a clean jar and keep in the fridge.
Chill until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, place bowl in middle of serving platter.
Fill with sambal terasi along with ladle.
Around bowl, place vegetables washed in cold water and served raw.