Classic Fudge-Walnut Brownies
- 3.38 ounces all-purpose flour, (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks, divided
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped, divided
- Cooking spray
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350.2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl.
Combine 1/2 cup chocolate and milk in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds.
Stir in butter, vanilla, and eggs.
Add milk mixture, 1/2 cup chocolate, and 1/4 cup nuts to flour mixture; stir to combine.
3. Pour the batter into a 9-inch square metal baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup nuts.
Bake at 350 for 19 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging.
Cool in the pan on a rack.
Cut into squares.