Chilled Avocado and Mint Soup
- 4 cups avocados, peeled, diced, (about 4 medium)
- 3 1/4 cups chilled buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seeded serrano chile, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 tablespoons mint leaves, fresh, chopped, divided
- 3 cups (or more) low-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup seeded tomatoes, diced
DirectionsCombine first 7 ingredients in processor.
Add 4 tablespoons mint; blend until smooth.
Transfer to large bowl.
Gradually whisk in 3 cups broth.
Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover; chill until cold, about 2 hours.
(Can be made 6 hours ahead.
Thin with more broth by 1/4 cupfuls, if desired.
Rewhisk before serving.
) Ladle soup into bowls.
Garnish with diced tomatoes and remaining 2 tablespoons mint.