Vegetarian Breakfast Souffle
- 1 box morningstar farms frozen sausage pattie, thaw and crumble
- 1 green apple, chopped with skin on
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 loaf crusty bread, cubed (sourdough, french, roughly 4 cups)
- 1 12 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 egg whites
- 13 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1 12 cups 2% low-fat milk
DirectionsChop the 6 patties and set aside.
In a small bowl, toss the chopped apple with 1 TBSP sugar and 1/2 TSP Cinnamon.
Place 2 Cups of the cubed bread in an 8x8 glass baking dish coated with non-stick spray.
Top the bread with half of the crumbled veggie patties, 1/2 of the apple mixture and 3/4 Cheddar Cheese.
Repeat above one more time.
Wisk together the 6 egg whites, Sour Cream, 2 TBSP Sugar, 1/2 TSP Vanilla and dash of salt.
Add the milk to this mixture.
Pour over the contents in the dish until gone.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (I let it sit overnight).
Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour and let cool before serving! You may need to cook more or less depending on your oven.