Banana Chip Streusel Loaf
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 13 cup margarine softened
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- 1 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup cream wheat cereal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cream wheat cereal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
DirectionsIn large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat sugar and margarine until creamy.
Mix in egg substitute and vanilla.
Beat in banana until almost smooth.
Combine flour, cereal and baking powder; stir into banana mixture just until moistened.
Spread batter into greased and floured 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2-inch loaf pan; sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
Bake at 350F (180C) for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pan 10 minutes.
Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze, if desired.
Streusel Topping: Combine cereal, sugar and flour.
Cut in margarine until crumbly.
Stir in cinnamon and chips.