Creole Crab and Rice
- 3/4 cup rice
- 2 tablespoons butter, or margarine
- 1 small onions
- 1 small green bell peppers cored, chopped, seeded
- 15 ounces tomatoes, canned chopped, juice included
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 each bay leaves
- 18 teaspoon cloves ground
- 6 ounces crab meat white, lump, drained
- 3 tablespoons parmesan, grated, parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
DirectionsCook rice in 1 1/2 cups water until just tender and water is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
Melt butter in medium skillet over moderate heat.
Add onions and green pepper and cook until onions are transparent, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes with juice, cajun seasoning, pepper, sugar, worchestershire, bay leaf and cloves.
Bring mixture to simmer and reduce heat to low.
Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove bay leaf.
Stir in rice and crab meat.
Taste and adjust seasonings.
Transfer mixture to 1 1/2 quart casserole and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake uncovered, at 375F (190C) F for 20 minutes.