Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced,
- 4 teaspoons butter, or stick margarine
- 1/3 cup shallots, diced
- 6 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces uncooked pappardelle, (wide ribbon pasta) or fettuccine
- 2 cups (2-inch) asparagus, sliced, (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Parmesan cheese, fresh, grated, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
DirectionsCombine the first 3 ingredients, and set aside.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shallots; saute 1 minute.
Add mushrooms and salt; saute 5 minutes.
Stir in wine; cook 1 minute.
Reduce heat to low.
Add 2 tablespoons parsley mixture; saute 2 minutes.
Bring water to a boil in a large Dutch oven.
Add pasta; cook 6 1/2 minutes.
Add asparagus; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
Drain pasta mixture in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
Combine reserved cooking liquid, pasta mixture, mushroom mixture, and 1/4 cup cheese.
Arrange 2 cups pasta mixture on each of 4 plates.
Sprinkle evenly with remaining parsley mixture, 1/4 cup cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.