Chinese Chicken Salad With Won Ton Chips
- 1/2 cups Canola Oil
- 6 Round Won Ton Wrappers, (Cut In Pie Shaped Quarters Or Strips)
- 4 Tablespoons Creamy, Or Chunky Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Root, Fresh, Diced
- 3 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 3- 1/2 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Housin Sauce, (Heaping)
- 1- 1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cups Water
- 4 cups Thinly Sliced Green Cabbage
- 2 cups Thinly Sliced Purple Cabbage
- 1 cup Carrots, Shredded
- 1 cup Sprigs Of Cilantro, (Cut In Thirds)
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onions, Chopped
- 20 Mandarin Orange Segments
- 2 cups Bite Size Pieces Of Cooked Chicken Breast
- 3 Tablespoons Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 2 teaspoons Black Sesame Seeds
- Won Ton Chips
DirectionsFor the won ton chips: Lay a paper towel on top of a plate and set aside for a moment.
Heat a medium size skillet on low heat and add the canola oil.
When the oil is warm, add a small batch of the won tons.
Turn them over when the bottom side turns a light golden color.
As soon as both sides are a light golden color quickly remove them from the skillet and lay them on the plate.
Continue to cook in batches.
Watch them closely because they cook very quickly and its best to cook them a few at a time so they dont cook faster than you can turn them or remove them from the skillet.
For the peanut dressing: In a small to medium size bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients and whisk together.
Set aside in the refrigerator while making the salad.
For the salad: On the two serving plates, add the green cabbage, purple cabbage, shredded carrots, cilantro, green onions, Mandarin oranges, chicken, honey roasted peanuts and sesame seeds.
Garnish with the won ton chips.
Serve with peanut dressing.