- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 14 lbs hot Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 jars (26 ounce) spaghetti sauce
- 14 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
DirectionsPreheat the oven to 350F Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Add the sausage, peppers, onions, and garlic, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the sausage is cooked through and the peppers and onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
Drain the sausage mixture, and place in a large bowl.
Add the pasta, spaghetti sauce, and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove the foil; sprinkle the sausage bake with mozzarella cheese then bake for 10 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted.