Apple and Squash Soup
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced,
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 34 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 14 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 12 lbs butternut squash, sliced, peeled and seeded, halved lengthwise, and thinly
- 3 cups chicken broth, or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb apple, chopped, tart, peeled, cored and
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 cup light cream
DirectionsIn a large pot over medium heat, heat olive or vegetable oil.
Add onion and saute until golden brown.
Add garlic, curry powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds.
Add squash, chicken broth, water, apples and salt and pepper.
Bring liquid to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 25 minutes or until squash is tender.
Remove from heat and stir in light cream.
Puree mixture in a blender or food processor, in batches and return to pot to heat through.