Vegetable Nut Loaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped,
- 12 tablespoon garlic, chopped,
- 12 green pepper, chopped,
- 12 cup mushroom, chopped,
- 2 stalks celery, chopped,
- 1 cup carrot, chopped,
- 12 teaspoon basil, dried, (or more fresh)
- 12 teaspoon oregano, dried, (or more fresh)
- 12 cup walnuts, chopped,
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 3 eggs, beaten
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350. Saute the onion a few minutes in olive oil (use more if needed) in large pot.
Add and continue cooking the garlic, vegetables and spices.
Turn off the heat and mix in the walnuts, matzo meal (could probably substitute dry bread crumbs or cracker crumbs) and eggs.
Pour the mixture into an 8x8 inch Pamd or greased casserole.
Bake at 350 until firm (around 30 min).