Ham, Pumpkin and Pea Risotto
- 250 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red onion, chopped,
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 12 cup white wine
- 4 cups low-fat chicken stock, kept on the stove at a simmer
- 75 g lean ham, cut into strips
- 12 cup peas, frozen
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- 4 sage leaves, chopped,
- black pepper, ground, fresh
- 20 g parmesan cheese, finely grated,
DirectionsPre-heat oven to 180c.
Spray a baking tay and scatter over the pumpkin .
Spray the pumpkin with more oil.
Cook for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, place the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat (I use my non-stick wok).
Add the garlic and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute.
Add the white wine and cook until evaporated.
Add the stock a ladle-full at a time; as each lot absorbs, add the next one, until the rice is cooked but still firm (al dente).
Add the peas, pumpkin, ham, parsley and stir through.
Remove the pan from the heat, cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
Stir through the grated parmesan cheese and serve.