Slow Cooker Apple Cider Pot Roast
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 (3 pound) bottom round roast
- 6 carrots, cut in half
- 6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup quick-mixing flour, (such as Wondra)
- 1 tablespoon dry brown gravy mix
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
DirectionsWhisk apple cider, brown sugar, ground cloves, whole cloves, pepper, ginger, and cinnamon together in a bowl; pour into a resealable plastic bag.
Add the roast, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag.
Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours.
Stir carrots, potatoes, marinade, and beef together in a slow cooker.
Cook roast in the slow cooker set to Low until meat is cooked through and tender, 8 hours.
Transfer 3 cups of the cider broth from the slow cooker to a saucepan.
Whisk quick-mixing flour into cider broth; simmer until gravy thickens, about 5 minutes.
Stir brown gravy mix, salt, and pepper into cider gravy.
Set roast, carrots, and potatoes on a serving platter; pour cider gravy over the top.