Quick Thai Green Curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, minced,
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, minced,
- 1 -2 tablespoon thai green curry paste
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, sliced or 2 cups cooked beef or 2 cups cooked pork
- 1 can (16 ounce) coconut milk
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup basil leaves, shredded
- lime wedge
DirectionsHeat oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat; add shallots and ginger.
Stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Reduce heat to medium; stir in curry paste.
Stir in chicken broth; cook until broth is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
Stir in chicken, coconut milk, bamboo shoots and salt; heat to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in basil.
Serve in bowls over steamed rice or noodles with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over.