Toasty Walnut Muffins
- 1/4 cup rolled oats quick-cooking
- 1/2 cup flour, unbleached all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash cinnamon, ground
- 1 each egg yolks beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup walnuts broken, toasted
- 2 tablespoons raisins, seedless
- 2 teaspoons flour, unbleached all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
DirectionsStir together oats and 2 tablespoon warm water, let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile stir together 1/2 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and a DASH of salt.
Stir egg yolk, oil and milk into oat mixture; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
Fold in 3 tablespoon of the walnuts and the raisins.
Line four 6-ounce custard cups with paper baking cups.
Fill 2/3rds full.
Combine 2 teaspoon flour, brown sugar, butter, and remaining walnuts.
Sprinkle atop muffins.
Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 1 1/2 minutes or until done, rearranging twice.
(When done, surface may still appear moist but a wooden pick inserted near the center should come out clean.
) Remove from custard cups.
Let stand on a wire rack for 5 minutes.