Resurrected Carrot Slow Cooker Soup
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped,
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped, scrubbed, peeled, and or 10 medium carrots
- 12 teaspoon marjoram, dried
- 3 -4 cups vegetable broth
- 12 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 12-34 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 12-34 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 12 cup pineapple juice
DirectionsSpray a large skillet with non-stick spray and place over medium heat.
Add the onions, garlic, and a little broth and cook until softened, 6 to 8 minutes, stirring often to cook evenly.
Spray the slow cooker, at least 5 quarts in size, with non-stick spray.
Put the all of the ingredients into the slow cooker, including the onions, garlic, and broth from the skillet.
Add enough broth to just cover everything.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
Blend the final product.
(I use a hand blender.
Ladle the hot soup into bowls and enjoy.
Note: If anyone has suggestions about how to improve the color of this soup (i.
, making it more orange, less brownish), PLEASE feel encouraged to suggested them.