Veggieful Quinoa Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 onion, diced,
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounce) tomatoes, diced
- 1 can (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounce) green chilies, diced
- 1 12 tablespoons chili powder, (or more)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 12 teaspoons paprika
- 1 12 teaspoons sugar
- 12 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 teaspoon coriander, ground
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 can (15 ounce) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 12 cups corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 avocado, diced, halved, seeded, peeled and
DirectionsHeat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat.
Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in quinoa, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, paprika, sugar, cayenne pepper, coriander and 1-2 cups water, making sure to cover most of the ingredients; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Stir in beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Serve immediately with avocado, if desired.