- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or 2 tablespoons butter
- 14 cup onion, sliced thin (about 1/2 an onion)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups asparagus, fresh, blanched and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 14 cup basil, fresh or 14 cup fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 2 eggs
- 12 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
DirectionsHeat olive oil or butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Increase heat a little and add asparagus and cook a minute or two until they start to brown, sprinkle with herbs.
Meanwhile beat eggs with some salt and pepper and Parmesan, if using.
Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook until barely set, about 10 minutes.
Run under broiler, if desired, cut into wedges and serve.