Dad's Chili ( Wendy's Copycat )
- 2 lbs beef, ground, fresh
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 can (29 ounce) tomato puree
- 1 can (15 ounce) red beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped,
- 12 cup celery, diced,
- 14 cup green pepper, diced,
- 14 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, (if you like real flavor, add more)
- 1 12 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 teaspoon oregano
- 12 teaspoon sugar
- 18 teaspoon cayenne pepper
DirectionsIn a frying pan, brown the ground beef; drain.
Put the drained beef and the remaining ingredients into a 6-quart pot.
Cover the pot; let it simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
Serve over fresh rice.