Chicken & Mushrooms
- 1 lb chicken strips, boneless or 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon butter, or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 package (8 ounce) mushrooms, fresh
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounce) cream mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 14 cup cooking sherry
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 12 teaspoon black pepper
- white rice
DirectionsHeat 1 tablespoon margarine and 1 tablespoon oil in iron skillet.
Remove and set aside.
Add mushrooms to pan and add 3 tablespoon of sherry.
Saute for about 10 minutes.
Add 1/2 can-1 can water.
Add 1/4 cup sherry and stir well.
Heat until smooth.
Add garlic, garlic salt, pepper and chicken and cover.
Cook on low for 20-30 minutes.
Serve over rice.