- 4 pieces Skinless And Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 whole Lime
- 1 whole Large Onion, Sliced,
- 1 whole Red, (I Cheated And Used The Frozen, Julienned Kind) Or Green Pepper
- 1 whole Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 2 whole Bay Leaves
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 can (8 Oz. Size) Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro, Fresh, Chopped
- White Rice, To Serve
DirectionsGenerously sprinkle the chicken with salt and garlic powder.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet on a high heat.
Squeeze the juice of the lime all over the chicken.
Add the chicken to the oil carefully and sear both sides.
Dont worry about cooking it all the way through, it should just be browned on both sides.
Once its seared, take the chicken out of the skillet and let it rest.
Add the onion, peppers, bouillon cube, bay leaves and tomato paste into the skillet.
Stir it around to pick up all the chicken bits on the bottom of the pan.
Note: My onions and peppers were precooked.
But if youre using the fresh kind, youll need a good 5 minutes to cook them down.
Then add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
Be sure to shake the can first.
If you dont, youll get some funky clear liquid with white goo on the bottom.
Add that patient chicken back into the pan with all the juices, put a lid on it, and turn the heat to low.
While the chicken cooks with the sauce for 5 minutes, chop up the cilantro and add it into the pan.
Serve it up with some homemade white rice.