- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped,
- 12 medium yellow onion, chopped,
- 12 large green pepper, chopped,
- 12 cup mushroom
- 2 -3 links Italian chicken sausage, diced,
- 1 can (16 ounce) ranch style beans, (jalapenos optional)
- 1 can (16 ounce) hominy, (samp)
- 1 can (16 ounce) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, (to taste) or 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning, (to taste)
DirectionsHeat olive oil in a large sauce pan.
Add garlic and onion.
Cook until onions are translucent.
Add green pepper to pan and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
Add mushrooms and sausage to pan.
Cook until mushrooms sweat.
Add Ranch Style Beans, tomatoes and hominy, including liquid from beans and tomatoes.
Drain hominy before adding and adjust consistency of stew by adding more liquid from hominy if needed.
Bring to a simmer.
Season to taste with black/red pepper and Mexican seasonings.
Serve with rice, bread or warm tortillas.