Whole Wheat Pecan Carrot Cake W/ Cream Cheese Icing
- 34 cup canola oil
- 1 cup egg white
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 12 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 3 cups carrots, finely grated (raw)
- 12 cup pecans, chopped,
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 14 cup light margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 pecan halves
DirectionsPreheat oven to 300F.
Cream together sugar & oil until fluffy.
Add eggs & beat well.
Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, & flax seed meal.
Add to creamed mixture.
Fold in grated carrots & pecans.
Pour into 8" or 9" cake pans & bake 1 hour.
Mix together all icing ingredients and set aside.
When cake is cooled, frost with icing, garnish by placing pecan halves in center of cake top in "Y" pattern.