Chocolate Cream Pie
- 10 whole chocolate graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1 tablespoon egg white, lightly beaten
- 14 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 14 cup cornstarch
- 2 12 cups half-and-half
- 34 cup sugar, granulated
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 12 cups whipped topping, thawed
- chocolate curls, (optional)
DirectionsCrust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat a 9 inch pie pan or plate with nonstick spray.
Process graham crackers in food processor until finely ground.
Add butter; pulse until coarse crumbs form.
Add egg white, pulse until evenly moistened.
Press crumb mixture evenly and firmly over bottom and sides of prepared pan.
Bake 8 minutes; cool on wire rack.
For filling, in bowl, whisk cocoa powder and cornstarch; whisk in 1 1/2 cups of the half and half.
In saucepan, heat remaining 1 cup half and half and the sugar over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Whisk in cocoa mixture and melted chocolate.
Cook, stirring, until filling begins to bubble; continue to cook, whisking, until very thick, about 2 minutes longer.
Off heat, whisk in butter and vanilla.
Spread filling in crust.
Place plastic wrap onto suface of filling; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
To serve, remove plastic wrap; spread whipped topping over filling.