Smoky BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese
- 1 whole Chicken Breast
- 2 slices Ciabatta Bread
- 5 slices Buffalo Mozzarella
- 2 Tablespoons Red Onion, Chopped,
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro, Chopped,
- 4 Tablespoons Smoky BBQ Sauce, Recipe Below
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Chopped,
- 1/2 cups Ketchup
- 13 cups Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cups Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 teaspoons Salt
- 1- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
DirectionsSeason the chicken breast with salt and pepper and grill on a heated grill pan until the chicken is cooked through.
Once cool, slice on a bias and set aside.
Spread the BBQ sauce (recipe below) on the ciabatta bread.
Pile on the chicken, mozzarella, red onion, and cilantro.
Place the sandwich onto a panini press and grill until the cheese melts.
Smoky BBQ Sauce: Combine all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium low and reduce by at least half until the sauce has thickened.
Remove from the pan and package in an airtight container and use as needed.