Grilled Lamb Chops with Peperonata
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 6 oil-packed anchovies, finely chopped,
- 3 red, sliced, (about 1 1/4 pounds), thinly or yellow bell peppers
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced, thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced, thinly
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar mixed with 3/4 cup water
- pepper, Freshly ground
- 8 small lamb chops, (5 to 6 ounces each)
DirectionsPreheat the oven to 375. In a large, deep skillet, heat the 1/3 cup of olive oil until shimmering.
Add the anchovies and cook over high heat, stirring, until dissolved, about 1 minute.
Add the peppers, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the raisins, capers and sugar.
Add the vinegar mixture and simmer over low heat until the peppers are very tender and the liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
Heat a cast-iron grill pan until very hot.
Brush the lamb chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill the chops over high heat until they are lightly charred, about 1 minute per side.
Transfer the grill pan to the oven and roast the chops for 3 minutes for medium meat.
Serve the lamb chops with the peperonata.