Maggiano's Little Italy Rigatoni Di Gregorio (Copycat)
- 5 ounces button mushrooms
- 12 yellow onion, chopped,
- 5 ounces raw chicken breasts, cut in small pieces
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 tablespoon basil leaf, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce garlic butter
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 ounce white wine
- 2 -4 ounces marsala wine
- 12 quart chicken stock
- 12 quart heavy cream, (whipping)
- salt and pepper
DirectionsHeat oil and saute mushrooms, onion and garlic puree.
Brown lightly and season with salt and pepper.
Add white wine, Marsala wine and chicken stock.
Reduce by half.
Add cream and bring to a boil and turn down heat and simmer to skim away any impurities.
Add drained rigatoni to pan and finish with basil, parmesan cheese, garlic butter and salt and pepper to taste.
Add Marsala for flavor as needed.
Place in pasta bowl and garnish with parmesan shavings and additional basil leaves.
* My notes: I use a mix of onion AND shallots.
I use an 8 oz package of mushrooms, roughly chopped and 10 oz of chicken breast.
I also add in about six fresh basil leaves roughly chopped up.