Quick Skillet Chicken (Or Turkey) Curry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped,
- 2 tablespoons garlic, fresh, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, minced
- 1 large granny smith apple, chopped, cored, peeled and
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons curry powder, (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cumin, (or to taste)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup apple cider, (NOT apple cider vinegar!)
- 1 cup whipping cream, (unwhipped)
- 13 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 cups cooked chicken, chopped (or turkey)
DirectionsMelt butter in a large skillet (I use my large electric skillet for this).
Add in the onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder and cumin; saute for about 10 minutes.
Add in the chopped apple and flour; stir for 3 minutes.
Gradually whisk in broth; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Add in apple cider, whipping cream, chutney and tomato paste; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the mixture thickens (about 20-25 minutes, at this point season with more spices if desired).
Add in the chopped turkey, season with salt and pepper, then simmer for about 5 minutes, or until heated through.
**NOTE** for a thicker sauce make a slurry of cold water and a tablespoon of flour, and add it in towards the end of cooking, just simmer for another minute or so until desired thickness.