Low Fat & Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- 2 jars (32 ounce) spaghetti sauce, Classico tomato basil preferred
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 bottle (25 1/2 ounce) dry white wine
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small
- 1 green pepper, diced large
- 1 red pepper, diced large
- 1 package (8 ounce) mushrooms, sliced, fresh,
- angel hair pasta
DirectionsHeat sauce in large saucepan on low heat.
In fry pan sprayed with Pam, brown chicken on both sides.
Add some wine, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Add chicken and about 2 T.
of wine from pan to the sauce.
Add a little more wine and the onion to the fry pan.
Simmer 5-8 minutes and add to the sauce with 2 T.
of wine from the pan.
Add a little more wine to fry pan along with peppers.
Simmer 8-10 minutes & add to sauce with 2 T.
of wine from pan.
Repeat above with mushrooms-simmer 10 minutes and add to sauce with 2 T.
wine from the pan.
Simmer sauce for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Serve over pasta.