Peppery Farfalle With Feta
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup farfalle pasta, (butterfly pasta)
- black pepper, ground, fresh, (to taste, the more the better!)
- garlic, grated (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried, (or more, to taste)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 -2 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated,
- 1 slice feta cheese
- basil and fresh ground black pepper, fresh, to garnish
DirectionsIn a saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to the boil.
Add the farfalle, some fresh ground black pepper, and optionally some grated garlic.
Gently boil til the farfalle is about 5 mins from being cooked.
Optionally, toast the pine nuts on a dry frying pan until lightly browned.
Add the basil, pine nuts, cherry tomatoes and more black pepper.
When the farfalle is cooked, add the parmesan and mix well.
The residual stock should thicken up a bit.
Dish it out into a large bowl, and crumble the feta over it.
Serve garnished with fresh basil if you can get it, and yep, you guessed it - more black pepper!