Caterer's Kugel (A Sweet Noodle Pudding)
- 1 package medium (8 ounce) egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 3 large eggs
- 14 cup sugar, granulated
- 6 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 12 cup sour cream, or 12 cup creme fraiche
- 12 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 34 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 14 cup golden raisins, or 14 cup sultana
- 34 cup graham cracker crumbs, (or digestive biscuit crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 12 teaspoon cinnamon
- 18 cup sugar, granulated, to taste
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350F and grease an 8x8" square glass casserole dish.
Place the drained noodles in the prepared dish and sprinkle pineapple and raisins over the top.
Combine the 1/4 cup sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, sour cream, and vanilla and pour over the noodles and fruit; use a fork to swirl around the mixture so that it gets into all of the nooks and crannies, but without disturbing the placement of the noodles and fruit too much.
Combine the cookie crumbs, butter, cinnamon, and some sugar, then sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the top has begun to get golden and the pudding seems fairly set (not very jiggly).
Serve warm or cool.