Romaine, Bacon and Apple Salad With Herb Vinaigrette
- 6 -8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped, washed, dried and
- 6 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 14 cup chives, sliced, fresh, minced or 14 cup green onion
- 1 red apple, unpeeled, stemmed, seeded and sliced thinly
- 13 cup parmesan cheese
- 14 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 14 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced,
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 14 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 12 teaspoon parsley, dried
- black pepper, ground, fresh
DirectionsPrepare vinaigrette by mixing all ingredients together.
In large bowl toss together the romaine, cooked bacon, and chives.
Just before serving salad, slice up the apples and toss them with a small amount of the salad dressing or lemon juice to stop from browning.
Add the apple slices and Parmesan cheese to the salad.
Toss the salad with a little bit of the vinaigrette.
Serve remaining salad dressing on the side.
Salad best eaten same day that it is prepared.