Hearty Whole Wheat Beer Bread
- 2- 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour, (Sifted)
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder, (omit If Using Self-rising Flour)
- 1 teaspoon Salt, (omit If Using Self-rising Flour)
- 1/4 cups Sugar
- 12 ounces, fluid Dark Beer (I Used A Bottle Of Porter, But You Can Use Any Beer You Prefer.)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
DirectionsSift together the flours, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Add the sugar and mix to combine.
Stir the ale into the dry mixture.
This will look a bit wet, but dont worryeverything will be OK.
While mixing the beer and dry mixture together, melt the butter for a few seconds in the microwave.
Pour the dough into a standard sized loaf bread pan and pour the melted butter over the dough.
(I thought this looked pretty awful, but it ended up alright in the end.
The result was a very nice crusty bread.
The original recipe said if youd prefer a bread with a softer crust to add the butter directly to the dough mixture.
Its your call.
) Bake at 375 F for one hour or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped.
Servings Per Loaf: 8 Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 236.4, Total Fat 3.4 g, Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g, Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7, Sugars 6.3 g, Protein 5.2 g