- 1 lb lean ground beef, or 1 lb turkey
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons old el paso taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 14 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped,
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefrontera red chile enchilada sauce with roasted tomato and garlic
- 4 ounces cream cheese, soften, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked pasta shells
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
DirectionsIn 10-inch skillet, cook beef or turkey over medium-high heat 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked.
In 4- to 5- quart slow cooker, place cooked beef and remaining taco pasta ingredients except cream cheese, pasta shells, and cheddar cheese; stir until well combined.
Cover; cook on low 3 to 4 hours.
About 15 minutes before serving, cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
Uncover slow cooker.
Stir in cream cheese, pasta, and shredded cheddar cheese until well combined.
Cook uncovered on high 5 to 7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.