- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, ground
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 each garlic cloves finely minced, or pressed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon sugar, granulated
- 1 x salt
- 1 x black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound semi de melone e
- 23 cup pine nuts lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup currants plumped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves fresh, chopped,
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves fresh, chopped,
- 3 tablespoons corander fresh, chopped,
- 1 x mint leaves spirgs
DirectionsDissolve saffron in olive oil and let stand about 15 minutes.
Add garlic, lemon juice, cumin, turmeric, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cook pasta in 3 quarts boiling water until very al dente.
Drain and rinse well in cold water, then drain again.
Place in a large bowl and toss with saffron-flavored oil.
Cool to room temperature, occasionally stirring the pasta to coat thoroughly.
Add pine nuts, drained currants, chopped mint, parsley, and coriander to pasta.
Serve at room temperature garnished with mint sprigs or leaves and pomegranate seeds, if available.
Sprinkle lightly with orange blossom water just before serving.