Mint and Parsley Chutney
- 2 12 cups mint leaves, fresh, coarsely chopped (spearmint is best)
- 1 cup Italian parsley, coarsely chopped, fresh,
- 1 12 inches fresh ginger, coarsely chopped, peeled and
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped, peeled and
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced, stem removed and
- 3 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 34 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold water
DirectionsPut all ingredients into blender.
Puree, stopping to scrape down sides with a spatula.
Transfer to a bowl and serve.