- 14 lb lean ground turkey
- 14 lb lean ground beef
- 14 cup textured vegetable protein, (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, (thinly sliced)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 carrot, (shredded)
- 12 cup celery, (diced)
- 2 tomatoes, (Roma)
- 2 cups spinach, (coarsely chopped)
- 4 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 12 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 cup taco sauce, (Taco Bell brand)
DirectionsBoil 1/2 cup water, add textured protein and stir until combined.
Chop spinach and set aside.
Heat olive oil on medium, add garlic, celery, carrot and chopped peppers until tender.
Add seasonings and cook one minute more.
Remove from pan.
Cook lowest fat ground turkey and beef and drain any excess fat/juices.
In same pan add vegetable mixture.
Combine and cook two minutes more.
Assemble tacos by layering meat, then sauce then cheese then spinach.
Serve with avocado slices if desired.