Chicken Tortilla Soup
- o 3 tablespoons olive oil
- o 1 medium onion, diced,
- o 4 ounces green chilis, diced
- o 1 ounce taco seasoning, packet
- o 1 tablespoon chili powder, (or as needed to flavor)
- o 2 teaspoon cumin, (or as needed to flavor)
- o 1 teaspoon garlic powder, (or as needed to flavor)
- o 4 cans chicken broth, (14 ounce)
- o 1 cans black beans, (15 ounce)
- o 3 cans navy beans, (15 ounce)
- o 1 cans corn, (15 ounce)
- o 3 cups chicken, shredded, cooked and
- o 1 cup heavy cream
Directions1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot, add the onions, and cook until translucent.
2. Next, add the green chilies, the taco seasoning packet, all the canned items, and the chicken.
3. Bring to a boil, then allow to simmer for several minutes until heated through.
4. Lastly, add the cream and heat for 5-10 more minutes.
5. If needs thickening, use a mixture of cornstarch and water, add slowly while simmering to desired consistency.