Vickys Sweet Potato Crumble
- 900 grams sweet potato, (around 4 large)
- 113 grams sunflower spread / butter
- 100 grams sugar, granulated
- 50 grams soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix from the link below
- 200 grams marshmallows*
- 120 grams plain, or gluten-free flour
- 55 grams sunflower spread / butter, cubed
- 40 grams brown sugar
- 50 grams pecans, chopped, (optional)
DirectionsPeel the sweet potato and slice into even size discs.
Boil for 20 minutes or so until fork tender Meanwhile, preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and lightly grease a casserole dish Put the butter and flour in a bowl and rub it together with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.
Mix the sugar in and the pecans if using and it's ready.
Set aside Drain the potatoes and add in the sunflower spread, sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
Mash together well to combine Stir in the marshmallows.
*most store bought brands are free-from gluten, dairy and eggs but not vegan as they use either pork or beef gelatine but vegan mallows are widely available from health food shops and online Spoon the mixture into the casserole dish, smoothing the top down Sprinkle the crumble topping over evenly then bake for 35 - 45 minutes until golden on top Serve warm with ice cream