Taco Salad with Lime Vinegar Dressing
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped,
- 1 can (15 ounce) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) basket grape tomatoes, chopped,
- 1 avocado, sliced, pitted and
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped, or to taste
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped, or to taste
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped, or to taste
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded, or to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped, or to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced,
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
DirectionsHeat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
Add water and taco seasoning mix; cook and stir until water is evaporated and beef is evenly coated in seasoning mix, about 5 minutes.
Mix romaine lettuce, kidney beans, tomatoes, avocado, carrots, green bell pepper, celery, and Cheddar cheese in a large bowl; top with ground beef.
Whisk lime juice, honey, vinegar, cilantro, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until dressing is well mixed; served alongside salad.